San Francisco Bay Area Team
Founder, Principal—Palo Alto, CA
Stanford - Palo Alto Office
COMPASS TO COLLEGE was started with an aim to provide the most in-depth, individualize service to students with high college aspirations. While most private college counselors only provide perfunctory services near the end of high school, our team aims to introduce—and help students successfully apply to or initiate—impressive accomplishments that highly selective schools covet.
Expertise in college admissions, experience on multiple college admission teams, active involvement in professional organizations and a prior career in marketing & strategy with firms such as Apple, Intuit, and IBM inform Marci’s college counseling.
BA Psychology (Distinction), University of Virginia
MBA, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
Certification in College Admissions Counseling, UCLA
- Admissions teams at Stanford University, Northwestern University, and University of Virginia
- Former Lecturer, Stanford University — "Critical Analytical Thinking" course
- Member of Western Association for College Admission Counseling
- Attend professional conferences to stay current on trends, policy and institutional policy.
- Extensively tours and meets with college admissions representatives at schools across the country to learn what they are really looking for in students.
- Career in strategy & marketing provides an important foundation for helping students present themselves in a compelling way and “give voice to their dreams” when crafting essays.
Affiliate Consultant—San Jose, CA
San Jose Office
Following a successful international career in public relations and marketing, Pam began working at Stanford University, helping students improve their writing and strategic communications skills.
She speak several foreign languages, has lived and worked in the US, Europe and Asia, and has an exceptional ability to connect with people from a broad arc of cultural and social backgrounds. Today, Pam uses these skills to help students from across the globe to discover and present their vibrant and unique selves for admission to the most selective colleges.
BA, University of Santa Clara
MA, Monterey Institute of International Studies
Certification in College Admissions Counseling, UC San Diego
Stanford University experience:
- Instructor, “Critical Analytical Thinking” course
- Workshop leader for communications and interviewing skills, GSB MSx Program
- Editorial consultant and student writing team manager, Stanford Clayman Institute for Gender Research
- Member of the Western Association for College Admissions Counseling
- Extensive background in public relations and strategic communications helps students develop and present their unique selves, particularly through critical admissions essays.
- SVP & Senior Partner, Fleishman-Hillard International Communications, Singapore
- Senior Consultant, The Rowland Company, Brussels, Belgium
- International Public Relations Manager, Apple
- Specific expertise in helping international students with communications and writing skills.